On Wednesday 12th June 2019 the annual South Wales Business Awards were held.
Hosted by one of Welsh television and radio’s most popular presenters Sara Edwards, at the Bear Hotel – Cowbridge. The South Wales Business Awards is the business awards ceremony of the year, celebrating the best in Welsh Business.
After a tremendously difficult judging process, the winners are as follows:
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Beth Sims – Beth’s Bake
- Best New Start-up of the Year – Hensol Castle Distillery
- Retail & Tourism Business of the Year – London Hub Fashion
- Female Entrepreneur of the Year – Catherine Butler – Hugh Phillips Gower Butcher
- Business Services Business of the Year – Henry Howard Finance
- Technological & Innovative Business of the Year – British Rototherm
- South Wales Business of the Year 2019 – British Rototherm
Winners of the South Wales Business Awards 2019Prev 1 of 6 Next
Founder of the South Wales Business Awards, Wesley Skene said:
“Since 2008 we have seen an increase every year in the number & standard of applications. 2019 has shattered all records, once again proving that South Wales is a truly special place for business and entrepreneurship. After a difficult few weeks for the Welsh economy, it is great to see that we have such a strong and vibrant business community leading the way.”
“Wales is not only the ideal place to run a business but also Welsh businesses are at the forefront of the worlds economy.”
The awards were also an opportunity to raise funds for charity. The nominated charity for 2019 was Dream & Wishes. Dreams & Wishes is a charity dedicated to helping seriously ill children by making their dreams and wishes come true. On the night £630 was raised for a truly worth and hugely important cause.
With 2019’s awards highlighting why the South Wales Business Awards is the leading business event of the year, 2020 has a lot to live up to! Plans are already underway to make 2020 the most spectacular and successful awards to date.