Pride Cymru will be celebrating their 20th anniversary this year and on grounds of public safety, there will be a full city centre road closure for the parade which will take place between 11am and 1.30pm in the city centre.
On Saturday, August 24th between 9am and 2pm, a full city centre road closure will be put in place similar to an event at Principality Stadium, but North Road from Boulevard De Nantes to the junction with Column Road will also be closed.
The following roads will close between 9am and 2pm on Saturday August 24th:
- Kingsway from its junction with North Road to its junction with Duke Street.
- Cowbridge Road East from its junction with Cathedral Road to its junction with Westgate Street.
- Tudor Street from its junction with Clare Road to its junction with Wood Street (access for residents and traders will be permitted via Fitzhammon Embankment.)
- Plantagenet Street and Beauchamp Street from their junctions with Despenser Place to their junctions with Tudor Street (access for residents and traders will be permitted.)
- Saunders Road from its junction with St Mary Street.
- Customhouse Street throughout its length (access to private car parks will be permitted).
- Penarth Road from its junction with Saunders Road to the entrance leading to the rear of the Central Train Station.
- North Road up between Boulevard De Nante to the junction with Column Road
- The following roads will be closed in their entirety: Duke Street, Castle St, High Street, St Mary Street, Caroline Street, Wood Street, Central Square, Westgate Street, Quay Street, Guildhall Place, Golate, Park Street, Havelock Street and Scott Road.
- King Edward VII Avenue, Museum Avenue, City Hall Road, College Road and Gorsedd Gardens Road.
Access for buses and residents will be maintained on Westgate Street.