Santa is abandoning his reindeer for a different form of transport in the run up to Christmas in Mid Wales.
The region is hosting a series of magical ‘Santa Specials’ on privately owned steam railway lines during December.
A visit to Father Christmas is a must for most children during the festive season and a train ride on one of Mid Wales’ many steam railways is an added bonus.
Be sure to check that the trains are not fully booked before you travel, but you can catch the man in red bearing gifts at:
1. Bala Lake Railway on Saturday, December 8 and Sunday, December 9. Trains will depart from Llanuwchllyn Station every hour from 10:30am to 4:30pm.
2. Santa trains are already fully booked on Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway on December 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23 and Brecon Mountain Railway.
3. Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways run Santa trains between Porthmadog and Beddgelert, departing from Porthmadog on December 8, 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23.
4. Visit Santa on Fairbourne Railway on December 15 and 16, with trains leaving Fairbourne at 11am, 1pm and 3pm.
5. Santa trains lave Corris Railway on December 8 and 9 every hour between11am and 3pm. An added attraction this year will be author Sam Knappett signing his children’s books ‘Daniel’s Branchline’, ‘Mainline Engines’ and a new title ‘Four Friendly Engines’ in the museum building at Corris station.
6. Talyllyn Railway is running Santa trains on December 22, 23, 24, with trains departing Wharf Station, Tywyn at 10.45am and 1pmand 3.15pm. The railway is also running a carol train on December 15, departing Wharf Station at 7pm.
7. Cambrian Heritage Railways’ Santa specials run from Oswestry on December 8, 15 and 22 and from Llynclys on December 9,16 and 23.