Heavy rain associated with Storm Dennis is expected to move east across England and Wales on Saturday and Sunday.
Accumulations of 15 to 30 mm are expected widely, with 50 to 70 mm across parts of the higher ground in the west. This rain is expected to fall across areas already wet from recent rainfall.
What to expect
- There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to some buildings
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads
- There is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses
Regions and local authorities affected
- Blaenau Gwent
- Isle of Anglesey
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Neath Port Talbot
- Rhondda Cynon Taf
- Vale of Glamorgan