nextbike’s bike-sharing scheme has officially launched in Cardiff at The Senedd in Cardiff Bay today.
A whopping 4,300 miles have been clocked up on the bikes in Cardiff since a trial scheme with 50 bikes was launched in March – the equivalent of cycling the Taff Trail 78 times.
nextbike, the world’s most extensive bike-share operator, is launching an additional 200 bikes and 20 stations in Cardiff following the successful introduction of a small number of bikes and stations.
The scheme was made possible thanks to backing from Cardiff Council and financial support from the Welsh Government and Cardiff University.
It was introduced with the aim of reducing congestion, freeing up parking spaces and providing a healthier, sustainable way to travel around the city.
The full list of nexbike stations in Cardiff so far:
- Splott Hub
- City Road – Northcote Street
- City Centre – Churchill Way
- City Centre – St John Street
- City Centre – Fitzhamon Embankment
- Dunleavy Drive – Wilcox House
- City Centre – St Mary Street
- Canton Victoria Park
- Fairwater – Waun-Gron Park
- Grangetown – Corporation Road
- Pontcanna – Llandaff Fields
- Canton District Centre
- Cardiff Bay – International Sports Village
- Cathays Park – National Museum of Wales
- Riverside – Green Street
- Cathays Library
- Llandaff City – High Street
- Heath – High and Low Level Rail Stations
- Cardiff Bay – The Barrage
- Adamsdown – Clifton Street